Thursday, December 06, 2012

Better news

My son is now halfway through his treatment.  I am in awe of my youngest's fortitude and resilience. He has tolerated no food but 2L of sickly gloop a day (it looks and tastes like formula milk or Carnation) in 6 divided doses (he's also allowed glacier mints and 7UP). He's not been able to receive Holy Communion for three weeks, which he has found hard. After some initial tears and anger at the unfairness of it, he buckled down and began to start a competition with himself as to how quickly he could get through the drinks. His record was 3'12s for 330mL (try it with Carnation!). I have not heard a complaint since Day 2. He has a will of iron and a fortitude I could only dream of. I am humbled by the maturity and patience with which he has dealt with it all.

He feels better and has more energy and has put on weight, but is still symptomatic. So far, the blood tests are better and a scan last week had good news, so after some havering by the medicos, he is to continue until New Year's Day.

My heartfelt thanks to all of you who have prayed for him, and I would ask for more prayers for the time to come. Your prayers mean so much to us. We will in turn pray for you all in our family night prayers.

God bless you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tonia Marshall said...

Glad to hear you've had some good news. Peter(10) says "yeah!"

8:20 AM  
Blogger Genty said...

Progress. Hooray! Our Lady is listening.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the up-date, have been praying, will be praying.
(We don't know each other, but our Heavenly Father does.)

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jolly good!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Dorothy B said...

Prayers are continuing. God bless your son, and all of you.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Sandy Grounder said...

I will remember your son when I say the Rosary today. God bless you all.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home