Monday, July 04, 2011

What Is Wrong With People?



Driving down the road the other day I saw a guy wearing the t shirt above. I don't know why I'm surprised given that wearing t shirts bearing the images of psychopathic killers has been fashionable in certain sections of society for about 40 years now. Interestingly enough there was a guy with an 'Ernesto' t shirt on the bus last night, but then again he was an apparently mentally ill, one-push-off-being-a -jakey/hobo kinda guy, which is forgivable I guess. But Charles Manson?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came to the conclusion some time ago, that a lot of people are mad. Some mad and bad, some just mad. But there is a lot if it around.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Left-footer said...

40 years ago I bought my wife a present at a shop called "Che Guevara" in Kensington Market, paying with a cheque drawn on the bank where I worked.

I was called into the Bank Manager's office to explain why as a Bank Officer, I had donated money to a known terrorist.

Guevara was already dead.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Emilio III said...

At least Charles Manson didn't have his murders televised. I remember hearing one of my mother's friends after a televised trial and execution: 'He had a really good lawyer. If I had not known he was guilty I would have voted to acquit.'

6:14 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Paulinus,

The person wearing that rag obviously hasn;t heard that Manson's 'family' abandoned him to such an extent that Charles 'Tex' Watson not only converted to Christianity behind bars, he also founded a prison ministry.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home