Friday, May 27, 2011

Pepe le Pew


I had an adventure at the weekend. Mrs P saw a skunk in the garden last week and was a bit spooked by it. Then on Monday my youngest shouted "The skunk's in the garden with something on his head!" Sure enough Pepe le Pew had his head stuck in a beer can. He was getting distressed and disoriented. I was reluctant to go and rescue him. We rang the animal rescue people and the SPCA and they basically told us to get it off him ourselves. So I changed clothes into scruffs (in case I got sprayed) and put on the marigolds and went to get it off. A neighbour held his tail down with a stick so he wouldn't spray. After a bit of twisting we got it off his head (his little claws were gripping away at it) and he ran off without creating a stink.

Eldest boy got a picture of the event.

Who says Canada is dull?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Bertie said...

There was me thinking that you were the only Leeds fan supporting Man Utd. and you were making an offensive comment about the manager of Barcelona :-)

Glad you're enjoying the experience of Canada.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

Ooooooh! Harsh!

my guilty secret is that I will support Man U (or any home team. OK maybe not Rangers) against foreign opposition. I cheered them on in 1998. Great night that, BTW. A dear friend (a Scotswoman) is a Man U fan and came round to the house for pizza and beer. We all had a bit of a hangover the next day...

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home