Monday, May 30, 2011

Mgr Owen Gallagher

Of your charity please pray for the repose of the soul of the Rt Rev Mgr Owen Gallagher, parish priest of St Ninian's, Glasgow who died at the weekend.

He was always kind to me and mine, solicitous about our welfare and always had a kindly word for the boys. He was pretty much 'in harness' until a couple of months before his death. He would always refer in his sermons to the religious mood of the 16th century as "the so-called reformation".

Requiescat in pace.

4 Comments:

Blogger Left-footer said...

Praying for him, of course, and will tweet.

"So-called" indeed! We Catholics should be careful about using this misnomer.

Thank you, and God bless.

11:42 PM  
Blogger pat said...

God rest Mgr Owen Gallagher.
I will miss him.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Fr Mark Lawler said...

As an 'old boy' of St Ninian's Parish I will remember the Mgr at the Holy Sacrifice. He was exemplary in his care of the sick & housebound. As the vesting prayers say:'although I am unworthy to approach Your sacred Mysteries, nevertheless grant unto me eternal joy.' May the Lord grant him the reward of his priestly labours.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rt Rev Mgr Owen Gallagher was my mother's cousin. Although I never met him and am sad to hear of his death, I am happy to read your kind words.

May he rest in peace.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home