Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Like a yo-yo


So having given my youngest his first, whopping great dose of steroids this morning - tears and snotters, etc, etc - his paediatrician rings to say the tests done on Monday were essentially back to normal and to stop the drugs. I don't know whether we're coming or going. Perhaps it is the power of prayer. If so, Deo gratias and thank you dear readers (and my family).

You'll think I'm The Boy Who Cried Wolf. I'm very confused. Bloody medicos. At least I know how my patients feel now....

6 Comments:

Blogger Moretben said...

I once went out with a girl who taught clinical psychology at Kings. She swore that ever anything went wrong with her, she'd go to a vet before an "ex-medical student".

9:59 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

Quacks. Except me, of course.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Ah, the yo-yo. Please don't feel embarrassed in any way. It's probably not an uncommon experience. This is happening in my family too at present. Very glad that things are looking positive for your son again; but isn't it wearing?

I wonder whether my daily Rosary is having an effect on the outcome in our case. Only God knows. But I'm not going to give them up; and I will continue to keep your son in my prayers.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

Dorothy, bless you.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corraggio amicomio! FJ

12:34 AM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

Grazie mille, Padre. Vacanze in Italia?

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home