Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Witter, witter, witter...


The New Curate sits down after the postcommunion ablutions on Sunday. He's miked up and has the voice of a hypnotist ("Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes...")

"Let's take some moments in the presence of the Lord in silence to reflect on the Gospel challenge today...[OK] ...to examine those areas of our lives in which we do not meet the challenge of the Lord....[Great I'll do tha....] To think about those things we need to sacrifice to bring us closer to the Lord...[OK, a bit of quiet now]..in the silence of our hearts to contemplate the message of the Gospel....[Phew. Silence] ...the words of Our Lord, addressed to us today..[I'm trying, I'm really trying...] ......"

*10 seconds of silence*

"Let us pray..."

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............

8 Comments:

Blogger EFpastor emeritus (Email: Pastoremeritus@aol.com) said...

I love that! It is like those who say "let us call to mind our sins" and immediately rush on with "You were sent to heal the contrite"
orthose who follow up "Let us pray for our own intentions" without time for silence.
Why do priests, and bishops, not pay attention to what they are saying!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

...you tell me, Padre!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Patricius said...

Or worse...
The Lord be with you.
And also with you.
Good morning, everybody!
Good morning, father.
Nice to see you!
To see you...nice!
(Thinks) Didn't he do well!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Varrick said...

Paulinus, I just found your blog and really enjoy it. I have looked on Ebay and elsewhere for a chain, necklace or pendant similar to the 24" Passion of the Christ necklace of In Hoc Signo Vinces and since your blog is entitled that, I thought you might know a place somewhere I can purchase a 24" necklace. Like I said I checked Ebay and there aren't any pendants for sale on it at this time. I just wasn't sure if you knew a place on the internet to go to purchase merchandise like this. Thanks and thanks for the information you provide. I honestly give you an A+ with respect to your blog. Thanks much. God bless.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Fr PF said...

As you get to know this new curate, you will come to recognise his humility, holiness and zeal for souls. Be patient.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

I'm not criticising the man, father, but the habit. Hesnot alone and I'm sure he's a good man

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Angelo said...

I have heard that in the past, seminarians at the English College in Rome would be ordained at the beginning of their final year of studies.

As a result, they spent a year celebrating Mass under the scutiny of their fellow seminarians.

Any mistakes with the rubrics , irritating habits or idiosyncasies were immediately pointed out by their fellow students - naturally in a most charitable way :-)

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is, of course, a relevant Caddyshack quote for this. "You're not being the ball, Danny." "Well, it's awfully hard with you talking like that." "Okay. I'm not talking now. I've stopped talking. Not talking."

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home