Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Drowning sorrows etc



Had one of these on Sunday (am I back in the good books, Simon?). Crikey. 6%. Very nice. Bit of an attitude problem, though. Here's what it says on the label:

“This is not a lowest common denomination beer. This is an aggressive beer. We don’t care if you don’t like it. We do not merely aspire to the proclaimed heady heights of conformity through neutrality or blandness. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste of the sophistication to appreciate the depth, character and quality of this premium craft beer. You probably don’t even care that this rebellious beer contains no preservatives and uses only the finest natural ingredients. Just go back to drinking you mass marketed, bland, cheaply made watered down lager, and close the door behind you”.


We mean it, man....

And remember kids, drink responsibly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon Platt said...

Not bottle conditioned is it?

I suppose it's an improvement. I notice that it contains no rice, for example. But it's not really my thing. With all that that hype it seems to have been inspired by one of those American breweries, with their not-quite-right overpowered "IPA"s. (I mean, I like hops, I really do, but you can have too much of a good thing.) Still, if you're paying ...

Incidentally, this is what I've been drinking so far tonight. Jolly good it is, too.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to open one of these.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Simon Platt said...

Actually, if you'll indulge me a little further while I enjoy my Champion Bottled Beer of Britain, I was in a bar in California last month which served two of these "IPA"s. I settled on the less extreme of the two and had a nice chat with the barmaid, who tried to tell me - very confident she was, in that Californian way - all about how IPA was originally brewed in India, etc.

10:15 PM  

<< Home