Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thanks and prayers

My boy has had a rocky few months since diagnosis with coeliac disease which has had a number of serious complications. He has not felt desperately unwell, thank the Lord, but he came dangerously near to needing some very unpleasant investigations and possibly unpleasant treatment. It doesn't help in this situation that Mrs P and I are medics. We knew far too much than was good for us and had the strain of keeping it from the boy. His blood results were reported all back to normal last week.

He makes his First Holy Communion next Saturday and I would ask your prayers for him.

Thanks are due, first off, to his paediatrician and dietician for getting him on the right road. My sister suggested prayers to St Therese and Venerable John Henry Newman and prayed for their help too. I am forever in her debt and their debt for the peace and comfort these two great disciples obtained for me through their intercession and for a boy who is healing.

God is glorified in his saints.

St Therese of Lisieux - Pray for us
Ven John Henry Newman - Pray for us


9 Comments:

Blogger Jackie Parkes MJ said...

I can send you a relic card if you e-mail me your address..

rosary@blueyonder.co.uk

7:02 PM  
Blogger Miss Ellen E. said...

Very pleased to hear that your son is doing so well. It's bad enough for an adult to have to deal with the dietary restrictions etc. of coeliac disease; it must be worse for a child to come to terms with.

Prayers for a very blessed and joyful First Holy Communion day.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Sandy Grounder said...

I will say a prayer for you and your family and especially your son on the occasion of his First Holy Communion. May God bless you all.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Catholic Teuchtar said...

Ill remember you all at compline.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Off-topic:
Would you consider posting an anonymous (i.e. from me) Op-Ed? Do let me know.
Oh, and feel free to nuke this comment.
God bless!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

Paulinus,

May The Lord bless and keep you and your family, and may your son have a wonderfully happy and holy day.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

Jackie - I will email you. I will also delete your comment as leaving it here will just attract spam for you

Ellen - thank you

Sandy - thank you

Teuchter - thank you

Mark - not a problem (if I like it!). Email it to me: lepanto{at}hotmail{dot}co{dot}uk

Martin - thank you (and hope you got my email on Friday)

5:25 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

well, actually, I got it published, but thank you!

6:05 PM  

<< Home