Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Question for Mgr Smith

If Mgr Peter Smith, Chancellor of the Archdiocese of Glasgow thinks the provision of the Extraordinary Form of Mass in the Archdiocese is "generous", given that only One Mass (yes, ONE) out of the 291 Masses offered each Sunday in the Archdiocese is in the EF, would he feel me a generous parishioner if I put money into the collection once every 291 Sundays (about once every five years)?

I suspect not.

I'd invite him to re-consider his use of the word "generous" in the context of the provision of the EF.

Besides which, is he in any position to deny a priest in good standing with the diocese from offering the Mass in the EF?

What on earth are these people afraid of?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Simon Platt said...

Sigh! Looks like it's time for moderation to begin.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Ellen E. said...

Oops, looks like you've had an attack of 'spam' - unless that's Anon's response to the lack of provision for EF Masses in Glasgow! :0)

9:26 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

SP

Indeed

Miss Ellen

(You're not that Miss Ellen, surely?) I doubt even the Archdiocese would stoop so low....

9:55 PM  
Blogger Miss Ellen E. said...

I'm not quite sure which 'Miss Ellen' you're referring to Paulinus but whover she is, I'm definitely not her!

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Besides which, is he in any position to deny a priest in good standing with the diocese from offering the Mass in the EF?"

Don't blame the monkey for dancing to the organ grinder's tune.

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, what are they afraid of? In Paisley a group have been trying to get an EF Mass for almost two years. To no avail....yet!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Roger Buck said...

Paulinus

Re:

"What on earth are these people afraid of?"


This I think is a VERY GOOD question ...

I was in France during the time that the Holy Father instituted the Institute Bon Pasteur ...

regularising a mere 5 former SSPX priests ...

The uproar, the fear!

Then in the run-up to the Moto Proprio ...

Incredible fear.

Why?

Could it be that they sense unconsciously or not that the EF bestows a power and integrity that unconsciously or not they do want the Church to have again?

On another note, my signature leads back to a website with blogs that my wife and I have created to defend and cherish the Tradition.

Cor Jesus Sacratissimum

I have only recently discovered your good efforts Paulinus, but I would like to ask you please if you could look at us and see if you could give us a link.

If this seems possible to you, it would be very deeply appreciated.

I will also be adding you to my own links list.

God bless you,

Roger

PS. Should you wish to know where to place us, we are British.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home