Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Walking down the road the other day....

I suspect there might be one or two people who come here who might have heard of Ted Chippington. Ches and Ttony are the usual suspects.

Ted went off the radar a few years ago but Stewart Lee and a few others appear to have dragged him back into the limelight.



To think he used to be the support act for The Fall.

My favourite Ted joke?

"I was walking along the other day, and came across three holes in the ground full of water. I thought....'Well, well, well".


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Simon Platt said...

I was walking down the street the other day and a bloke came up to me - long-haired bloke he was - and said "want any grass, man?" I said "no thanks, I've got crazy paving."

1:57 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Ahh, memories!

"Just got back from Nam. What Vietnam? No Chelten-nam."

Magic.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Ttony said...

New one on me. But I was never taken by alternative comedy: "an alternative to the sort of comedy that makes you laugh", as the Sage of the Harpurhey Embassy described it.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Ches said...

Didn't know that one, but I was probably still watching Crackerjack when Ted was in his stride!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home