Monday, June 29, 2009

Planting Seeds

It is in the nature of my work that I get my patients to prepare themselves spiritually for their death. Clearly, I would not proselytise but it is natural that this process is easier with Christians than non-Christians and easier still with Catholics than non-Catholics. I speaka da lingo, see.

Such a patient, a young(ish) man was under my care some months ago when the subject came up. He had been raised in the Faith but had fallen away in adolescence. We spoke in the loosest terms about preparation for death and he was very honest with me.

I was filled with joy recently to receive an email from a family member asking if I could arrange for a priest to visit him. I happily did so. My joy was complete when I heard after that he had been reconciled to the Church.

Please pray for him and his family.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I studied at the Venerable English College for five years. The rumour there was that students in the 60's had been asked to do the translation of intercessions. It could be a very credible explanation judging by the standard of translation.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I would be happy to join u in prayer for them

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home