Saturday, May 16, 2009

You contemplata me apocalypsum, eh?

I'm fed up of hearing of MPs expenses, but I guess it will drag on. It's like reading those bits of local newspapers filling space with reports of convictions for assault resulting in the nasty piece of work being bound over or given a suspended sentence. Fallen humanity on display in all its banal greed. Like true evil, like Eichmann, the whole thing is utterly banal.

Bathtaps. Flat screen TVs. Pringles. Moat cleaning. Tampons. Ride-on mowers.

What next? A cuddly toy? A yoghurt maker? A cut glass decanter and glasses? Didn't they do well?

What I can't get out of my head is the image of the possibly-soon-to-be-subject-of-the-attention-of-the-Fraud-Squad-and-then-ex-MP-Elliot Morley. It came to me today where I had seen before. Surely he was separated at birth from Ron Perlman.


You'll have seen Ron Perlman in a few films. His recent major role was as Hellboy.



He's more recognisably Morley-like as Major Koulikov in Enemy at the Gates. He comes to a sticky end getting a bullet through his head





Then there is Brother Salvatore in The Name of the Rose. Again, he comes to a sticky end being burned at the stake.





It does not look good for Mr Morley.


"Penitenziagite! Watch out for the draco who cometh in futurum to gnaw on your anima! La mort e supremos! You contemplata me apocalypsum, eh? La bas! Nous avon il diabolo! Ugly cum Salvatore, eh? My little brother! Penitenziagite!"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home