Monday, May 18, 2009

Retarded homophobes

Things are really moving apace in the war against reality. Andrew Pierce, himself a gay man who was adopted through a Catholic adoption agency reports on the British Association for Adoption and Fostering who in their newsletter have referred to anyone who might have reservations about same-sex couples adopting or having equal rights to adopt with married or other heterosexual couples as "retarded homophobes". The story is here.

We should not be surprised. The extremists at this ostensibly respectable organisation also routinely oppose the adoption of black children by white, middle class couples. They don't much like those in their forties, either: far too old. Recently, the grandchildren of a couple in Edinburgh were taken away from them – the children's mother was a drug addict – because they were too old and unfit. One was 48 and the other had diabetes.

As a gay man, I have never had any interest in adopting children. But I support those who want to, and would never denigrate those who think it is in the best interests of the child to be with a man and woman.

Do you know, considering this latest PC tirade from BAAF, I'm relieved that it was a Catholic children's society – also condemned by the association, for being unwilling to deal with gay couples – that handled my adoption when I was a two-year-old. God only knows what would have become of me had I been left in the hands of this bigoted, bullying bureaucracy with its dogmatic agenda.

Is it really fit to sit in judgment on who should take care of some of our most vulnerable children?


The BAAF is a registered charity but receives £6M of your retarded homophobic money every year.

I think it is best for children to be placed, where possible, preferentially with a stable, loving married couple with a generous heart who can take them in and love them. There - I've outed myself. I'm thinking of having a t-shirt printed

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home