Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Deo gratias

My thanks to those of you who prayed for me during my brief sojourn in hospital (itself a revelation to this doctor - it was my first experience as an inpatient). My knee is begininng the process of healing. The patron saint of knee problems is St Roch - another of whose names is St Rollox and gives his name to an area of Glasgow in which I work. He's also the patron saint of dogs, about which more later.

Please pray for my surgeon - a kind and gentle man who, from what I saw yesterday, eases much suffering with his skillful hands.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Fr Ray Blake said...

Many thanks for the card, glad you are recovered enough to blog.

12:28 PM  
Blogger la mamma said...

You're welcome. How was Vienna?

9:33 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Quit the jogging!

7:18 AM  
Blogger leutgeb said...

Glad to hear it went well.

Hope the recovery goes quickly and easily for you.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Ebo said...

Good to hear you're on the mend.

(Unfortunately, St. Rollox is a bit of rhyming slang in our office.)

:(

Ebo

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home