Monday, April 13, 2009

Well done BBC

A rare thing for me to say but I was touched by the BBC's coverage of Lourdes at Easter. The focus is largely on the HCPT Pilgrimage. I have some reservations about the HCPT's laissez faire attitude to the liturgical abuse that takes place on their pilgrimage which I've blogged about before. That caveat out of the way I have nothing but praise for the love and fellowship and the sheer Christian charity and love of Our Lord and His Holy Mother that the Trust embodies.

Shelagh Fogarty (who in some from some of the things I've heard her say on 5Live appears to have lapsed from the practice of the Faith) seems to have been genuinely touched by Lourdes. Her coverage was sensible and largely untouched by the anti-religious sentiment characteristic of the BBC in recent times. You can listen to it for the next week HERE.

Pray for Ms Fogarty and for all the pilgrims there for Easter (especially a dear friend of mine who is there at the moment).

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Cecilia said...

My son is learning disabled and has severe autism. He has very little language. He hears the Mass VIII chant every Sunday,with Credo III and sometimes insists that I sing them to him at bedtime. Occasionally he has a go at singing the Kyrie himself. It is deeply patronising and just plain wrong to think that disabled children lack an appreciation of the beautiful and the dignified.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

Cecilia

I couldn't agree more.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home