Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Lentfast Diet

Want to lose weight fast? Try the Lent-fast diet! That's right - cutting down on your food intake, especially by cutting your consumption of meat on Wednesdays and Fridays can really help you slim (not that you should be concerned with something as vain and transitory as your earthly appearance, but we'll let that pass). It's so simple:

For Roman Catholics, fasting is the reduction of one's intake of food to one full meal (which may not contain meat during Fridays in Lent) and two small meals (known as collations, taken in the morning and the evening). Eating solid food between meals is not permitted. Fasting is required of the faithful on specified days. Complete abstinence is the avoidance of meat for the entire day. Partial abstinence prescribes that meat be taken only once during the course of the day.

A disappointed Henry T is an object lesson:



"I gave up the Lentfast diet when I stopped being a Catholic and started my own heretic sect. I put on pounds and couldn't keep my marriages together. I kept getting cross and jealous. The mood changes were awful - I started chopping peoples' heads off, in the end it was anyone who disagreed with me or couldn't bear me a son"

Lentfast - you know it makes sense.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Do you mind adding my new blog?

4:32 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

Done, Jackie.

12:53 AM  
Blogger leutgeb said...

'After heretic, porky.'

Brilliant.

7:47 AM  
Blogger la mamma said...

Super, Paulinus! You made me laugh today. Thank you.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

la mamma

Is that so? Then I feel I have done my duty....

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home