Saturday, February 07, 2009

Comrade citizen, I accuse myself of the following crimes against the State....


Just to make the process of my inevitable show trial smoother for the authorities I hearby accuse myself of having said the following to patients and staff:

Bless you.

God bless you.

I'll pray for you.

Say one for me.

Happy Christmas/Happy Easter.

As my Baptist friend (a soon-to-retire consultant physician) said last night: the End Times are coming.

Pray for the strength to be ready.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Ebomanoa said...

When you go to court for this show-trial, will you be taking the oath or "affirming" when you give evidence? (I wonder if you did the former, would that incrimidate the Judge on an "art and part" basis?)

(It pays to believe, btw. The affirmation is longer and a bit of a tongue twister)

4:26 PM  
Blogger Catholic Teuchtar said...

you quoted a Baptist friend?! :-0

9:30 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

Ebo
Swearing the oath we be as good as admitting guilt. Of course I will swear.

CT:
She's a good Chistian woman.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Ebomania said...

Gaun yersel!

:D

(And apologies for not spelling my own name right...)

2:04 AM  
Blogger Ponte Sisto said...

Sorry about the rugby!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

I'm an Englishman in Scotland - both my teams had a miserable time. I was at Murrayfield, though and Scotland played their hearts out for the last 20 minutes. Too many handling errors, however.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home