Thursday, January 22, 2009

Foot-In-The-Door Merchants

The ever fertile (if often scatological) Urban Dictionary has a gem:

Dawkins' Witness

Slang term for evangelical atheists, who are always trying to convert you to atheism. A take-off on Jehovah's Witness, who are always coming around trying to convert you. These guys are the same thing in reverse, preaching Richard Dawkins to anyone who will listen.

Man, a Dawkins' Witness just came by my cubical preaching again. I couldn't get rid of him.

I have one of my own to add:

Dawk:
n. One who's avowal of the views of Richard Dawkins makes him immune to rational argument.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

OpenID ebomania said...

I can see these terms catching on!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

Paulinus,

I am slightly uncertain about one aspect of this expression. Would it not be more properly descriptive if the third consonant in the word 'witness' were to be replaced by the letter of the alphabet two places before the one which appears?

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home