Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Autumn Almanac



I love this time of year.



From the dew-soaked hedge creeps a crawly caterpillar,
When the dawn begins to crack.
It's all part of my autumn almanac.
Breeze blows leaves over, mostly coloured yellow,
So I sweep them in my sack.
Yes, yes, yes, it's my autumn almanac.

Friday evenings, people get together,
Hiding from the weather.
Tea and toasted, buttered currant buns
Can't compensate for lack of sun,
Because the summer's all gone.

La-la-la-la...
Oh, my poor rheumatic back
Yes, yes, yes, it's my autumn almanac.
La-la-la-la...
Oh, my autumn almanac
Yes, yes, yes, it's my autumn almanac.

3 Comments:

Blogger madame evangelista said...

That is my favourite Kinks song!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Agellius said...

Is the orange-leaf picture near where you live? If so I hate your stinking guts.

Agellius,
in sunny, tree-less Los Angeles

12:31 AM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

Sadly no, but we do have lots of trees where I live and many of them look beautiful.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home