Friday, August 15, 2008

Too late, too late...


I am saddened by the fact that I never got to see the website of The Society for a Moratorium on the Music of Marty Haugen and David Haas in its pomp. The good news is that it has been archived on a, err, web-archive-thingy... and you can find it HERE

Here's a taste:

Here I Am, Lord, Where Are You, Lord?

See the Blessed Sacrament
where the tabernacle went
in that little alcove there off to the side.
When folks come into the nave,
they don't know how to behave:
should they genuflect or not?
They can't decide.

Here I am, Lord. Where are You, Lord?
Are You in that niche way over there?
Once You were, Lord, front and center.
Now I cannot see You anywhere.


They have some magnificent parodies of the works Messrs Haugen, Haas et al in a Rocky Horror-stylee. Actually my favourite parody of that stuff was on a post on Holy Smoke a long time back:

Here I am Lord!
Is it spam, Lord?
Would you like, a lovely cup of tea.....?

Enjoy.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger la mamma said...

LOL, Paulinus! When I was at school, they had the tabernacle moved and I remember, when I asked one of the nuns why, she replied that, 'everyone's doing it'. Her answer confused me at the time and even now I don't get it - we're Catholic. Not doing things that everyone else is doing is our speciality, isn't it?

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home