Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Film Meme


Mac tags me with this. It's simple:the "top-five critically lauded movies I detest" meme.

1. An Inconvenient Truth.
It won the old fraud a Nobel Prize, for crying out loud!

2. Fahrenheit 9/11.
I'm not a Bush fan but this bloated conspiracy theorist, Michael Moore, is a parasite.

3. Titanic.
I saw it in French and I could still tell it was a huge pile of steaming horse manure. The iceberg is the true hero in that film.

4. The Motorcycle Diaries
Che Guevara, all round good egg and cool revolutionary dude. Rather ignores the fact that he was a cold-blooded, sadistic killer. What next "Harold Shipman's Campervan Diaries"? "Monsieur Dahmer's Holiday"?

5. The Da Vinci Code.
OK, not critically acclaimed but even the slamming it got by the critics counts as over-rated.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

Titanic! I had to watch (most) of that when working in a CAMHS clinic. The teen girls were all mushy and got a bit annoyed when I cheered the iceburg. Well, I couldn't help myself :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Mac McLernon said...

Good choices... I was asked if I wanted to go and see Titanic. My response: Three hours when I already know the plot? Boy meets girl on ship. Ship meets iceberg. Ship sinks. No thanks. (I did see it on DVD later)

5:38 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Of course, your illustration is from one of my favourite films of all time, Nuovo Cinema Paradiso

6:01 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

Now Cinema Paradiso - there is a film. It was more the filmic aspect of it that brought the picture. No disrespect intended there.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

None taken! :)

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home