Tuesday, March 25, 2008

East - for Easter



Out East to Mrs P's family for Easter after Maundy Thursday out West. Holy Saturday (Mrs P being a pagan can't get used to the idea that the Saturday between Good Friday and Easter Sunday is Holy Saturday rather than Easter Saturday. Give it time, give it time.....) was spent walking the beaches of East Lothian - Gullane and Dirleton. Cold and windswept with snow flurries but when wrapped up warm, very atmospheric. I'm sorry I didn't get the lighthouse with the light shining. A good pub lunch in Dirleton with a discussion about when Lent ends. The Boys still don't believe me that it ends when the Triduum begins (but then I thought surely it ends when the priest stops wearing purple - i.e. at the Chrism Mass? I'm confused). Still, no eggs 'til Easter Sunday after Mass despite the fact that I spotted my first one on sale a week before Christmas.


Anyway, I'm eating chocolate again.......



Easter Sunday with the Jesuits at Sacred Heart in Lauriston for early Mass. What a beautiful church. Shame about the felt banners.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Great stuff; Sacred Heart is beautiful.

Why didn't you visit us at St Andrew's, though? ;-p

10:23 PM  
OpenID berenike said...

"What a beautiful church. Shame about the felt banners"

snigger.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Ttony said...

Lent finishes at 1200 on Holy Saturday. Pope Pius XII might or might not have understood the organic development of the Liturgy, but he never had a Mother who grew up in Manchester in the 20s and 30s.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

True enough ttony. My Mum grew up in Sunderland at about the sam etime and that was her ruling, too.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home