Monday, January 21, 2008

Psychorabbit - qu'es-ce que c'est?



Easter brought a bunny. Not that one. I hate that one. It brought The Bad Black Rabbit. He is the angriest animal I have ever come across. Aggressive, unpleasant and dangerous. He's probably more of a danger to himself though as he has bitten through some cables. Electrical ones. Then again he is from North Lanarkshire.

For the first month my arms looked like those of a deliberate self-harmer, until I learnt how to hold him properly. Mrs P took advice and the general consensus was that taking his gonads off would calm him down.

I received a text one afternoon:


BBR is a little b*****d and I do not like him. We have an appointment at the vets on friday.


His gonads went. He's been no less angry since, maybe more so. To be fair, I'd feel the same. But he does seem to like us. When he's outside he gets on his hind legs to see what we're up to. The only time he's at all pacified is when he lies on his back when he goes into a sort of trance.




I like the little fella. But I'd still have no hesitation in eating him if the larder was bare.

Jugged. Yum.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

"Then again he is from North Lanarkshire" - this almost made me choke!

My friend had a similar problem, and when he got the snip his character changed eventually.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

6 months on and he's still angry. I somehow don't think his character will change.

perhaps I should try him with Buckfast. Or sausage suppers.

9:18 AM  
Blogger WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

Rabbits are evil. In think they know we like pie.
We have a guinea pig now-occasionally I am tempted to look up some good peruvian recipes.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

My Benedictine chum ran a banana co-operative in Peru for 8 years when he was in a monastery there. They have the guinea pigs with lots of chilli.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Female rabbits can be worse, they get shocking PMT!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

I'll bear that in mind in case we eat him.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Fr. Erik Richtsteig said...

As a child I had large female Persian Longhair. Once, after she escaped her hutch, we found her in the corner of the facing down three cats that she had evidently beaten the tar out of.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

I can imagine the BBR doing that. i went down to get a glass of water one night and found a fox staring through the wire of the hutch at the rabbit. The fox looked the more scared of the two animals.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home