Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Circus Comes To Town


Am I alone is being (1) disturbed by the sight of media-hungry vultures witnesses having fifteen minutes of fame at the sick circus that is the inquest into the death of Diana, Princess of Wales and (2) fed up at my hard-earned dosh being wasted in this way? (especially if it involves money lining the already bulging pockets of Michael Mansfield QC.)

Paul Burrell's been there. 'The Rock' *yawns*. The very last word in discretion. Not.

Then there was the 'complementary therapist' Simone Simmons (She practices something called "energy healing" - I daresay she's much in demand certain types of retreat centres). I liked the idea Peter Allen on Radio 5 had of a 'complimentary therapist' who would spend all day just saying nice things to you.

Anyway, she thought Prince Philip ('Dearest Pa') was out to get Di. She had letters to prove it. But she can't show them to us as she burnt them because she feared for her life.

Riiiiiiiight.

Don't tell my kids ("Sorry, Miss. I haven't got my homework. No the dog/rabbit didn't eat it. I burnt it all because I fear Prince Philip might have me killed if he saw what I'd written"). Still, what do I know? I'm probably in the pay of MI5 or the CIA. Or SMERSH.
Or something.

Have these people got nothing better to do? Let me tell you what happened. A driver got drunk and drove too fast at the behest of his employer's son, Dodi Fayed. The car hit a pillar leaving three people dead and one seriously injured. Two young boys were made motherless. Tragic.

Now just get on with your lives.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

i agree entirely with you!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Catholic Teuchtar said...

Lady Di's ma was very devout in the external kind of way. Cant really speak for her state of soul but apart from all that she was partial to the odd bit of nectar to help her through life. Who wouldnt be with a daughter like Di and in laws like the Windsors.

I would need one or two myself. (Read: Any excuse)

By the time prince charles and the rest of the entourage (sp?)got involved it would have been the perfect excuse for a bottle a day.

Anyway, she went away (her maw) fortified by the rites of Church (teuchtars diocese)at the cathedral in Oban. May she RIP.

Careful now .

Grrrrr!!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

Yes. Her conversion (and her association with Lourdes) seemed to give her a peace that her earlier life couldn't destroy.

Poor Di was a mixed up kid in a lot of ways.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Oliver said...

Gosh, the media ... and the docile masses .... have to have their fix. We all know the royals fornicate all over the place .... and have done so since King Herrod. What is truly funny is seeing self-important people discuss the continuing circus with some degree of seriousness.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

What is truly funny is seeing self-important people discuss the continuing circus with some degree of seriousness.

I suppose that includes me for blogging about it ;-)

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home