Sunday, November 12, 2006

It's CatholicWang!




I like evidence and part of my embryonic doctoral thesis is about formulating an epistemology of my specialty. There is something of a dichotomy between the qualitative and the quantitative when discussing the trustworthiness or the value of particular pieces of research. I have been impressed by the humane work of Professor Trish Greenhalgh in that she knows her onions when it comes to evidence based medicine and critical appraisal. But she knows a thing or two about intuition as she shows here.

Everyone is testing how Catholic they are or whether they are a heretic or not - even Fr Ray and Joee. I’ve done this survey which tells me to my relief that I’m a Catholic (I knew that) and adds other dimensions too. But I’m not sure telling me I’m 21% modern liberal really tells me anything, because it doesn’t really mean anything. I am NOT a modern liberal.

So, here’s a different, rather more intuitive test: you KNOW you are a Catholic when THIS makes you feel good



and THIS makes you want to barf.

11 Comments:

Blogger northern cleric said...

Is that second picture shewing some sort of 'new age' scalp massage?

11:00 PM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

All new HERESY & SCHISM with added INVALIDITY - perfect for dandruff and flaky scalp.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I agree your test is better.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Joee Blogs said...

:( humph! But I was enjoying rooting out heretics with our test!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Andrew said...

Horrible chasubles those women priests. At least they could have a bit of lace?

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Christopher said...

LOL!

1:16 PM  
Blogger antonia said...

haha! That is the ultimate test!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read Trisha Greenhalgh's book "How to read a paper" and it helped me a lot in undergraduate medicine. Love the traditional catholic picture! ordination? Never had the pleasure of seeing one of them!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Alfred of Wessex said...

Interesting result from that Theological Worldview Quiz. I never thought of myself as an evangelical Weslyan, given that I came to faith through the witness of charismatic Anglican Christians, and that most of my life as a Christian has been lived as part of a local Baptist fellowship.

Sola fides, sola scriptura.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Paulinus said...

Try this for sola scriptura

http://theundercroft.blogspot.com/2006/11/solum-magisterium.html

6:22 PM  
Blogger Vir Speluncae Catholicus said...

Does this mean that everyone should CatholicWang-Chung tonight?

I for one, plan on having fun tonight.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home