Thursday, October 12, 2006

Gorgeous


My other religious purchase was a replacement for my old copy of the "New Jerusalem Bible" which has seen me through good times and bad but which I've seen as an increasingly irritating translation (no offence, Dom Henry). So now, I have my lovely Ignatius (zippable) bible which even has a Miraculous Medal on the zip. It's a Catholic version of the RSV. I like it so much I got a copy for my goddaughter and a friend asked when he saw the spine "What's a Catholic Bible?". "Errr... It's one with all the bits that should be in it."

3 Comments:

Anonymous cappadocian sister said...

interested to know from where you purchased the bible and the cover....wanting to get one myself.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Fr PF said...

I hope you purchased it in your favourite bookshop.

10:28 PM  
Blogger DilexitPrior said...

I made the exact same choice in bible a few months ago. I really like it. Very small which is helpful if you're carrying your Bible around with you.

My medal broke off the zipper though unfortunately. :-(

I still like the Bible though.

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home