Thursday, August 24, 2006

What family prayers do you say?

I read with interest Mac's post on family prayers. I'd be interested to hear what prayersother parents pray with their children. These are the stock prayers the Paulinus boys say with me every night:

Angel of God my guardian dear,
To whom God's love commits me here,
Ever this night be at my side,
To light and guard to rule and guide.Amen

Gentle Jesus meek and mild,
Look on me a little child,
Pity mine and pity me
Suffer me to come to Thee.
Heart of Jesus I adore Thee
Heart of Mary, I implore Thee
Heart of Jospeh, pure and just,
In these three hearts I place my trust

(stolen from Fr Sean Finnegan's book)

Jesus, Master, shepherd hear me,
Watch your little lamb tonight,
In the darkness be Thou near me,
Keep me safe 'til morning light

(I got this from a biography of Iris Murdoch)

We add a Pater, Ave and Gloria and a decade of the rosary in May and October and on feasts of the BVM.

What do you pray with your children?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home