Wednesday, August 23, 2006

As the shades lengthen

This is for dilexit prior, or more specifically for her grandparents in the twilght of their days. I found it in my Dad's things. I don't know if he wrote it, but he had typed it out and it was clearly well used in his last years from the state of the paper.

A Prayer to Our Blessed Lady for Those Who Are Growing Old

Take my hand, O Blessed Mother,
Hold me firmly lest I fall,
I am nervous when I’m walking,
And to Thee I humbly call.

Guide me over every crossing,
Watch me when I’m on the stairs.
Let me know that you’re beside me,
Listen to my fervent prayer.

Bring me to my destination,
Safely bring me, every day.
Help me with each undertaking,
As the hours pass away.

So, when evening falls upon us,
And I fear to be alone,
Take my hand, O Blessed Mother,
Once again and lead me home.

1 Comments:

Blogger DilexitPrior said...

Thank-you for this prayer. I will write it out and stick it in my breviary.

I've also added you to my blogroll.

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home