Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Can you imagine if it had been the Holy Father?



Celibate leader of a major world religion condemns homosexual acts. I know what you’re thinking, but no, it didn’t make the front of The Guardian. I meant to post on this some time ago, but there was a remarkable interview with the Dalai Lama in The Telegraph, a man whose moral courage should inspire anyone, in which he did not obfuscate about sexual morality.

“Although he is known for his tolerant, humane views, he is a surprisingly harsh critic of homosexuality. If you are a Buddhist, he says, it is wrong. "Full stop.
No way round it.
‘A gay couple came to see me, seeking my support and blessing. I had to explain our teachings. Another lady introduced another woman as her wife – astonishing’”



Now can you imagine how the BBC would have covered such a revelation had it been an interview with the other "His Holiness"?

0 Comments:

<< Home