Wednesday, May 10, 2006

DaVinci Code - Lemonade from Lemons

I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering how to counter the laughable pack of lies that makes the page-turning blockbuster, The Da Vinci Code. I have to confess I lasted 8 pages before I threw the execrable nonsense at the wall. I liked Christopher Howse's gentle debunking in The Telegraph two years ago (Howse was an Opus dei supernumary). The reactions of Austin Ivereigh and ordinary Opus Dei members are highlighted in this week's Spectator. They see the film as an opporunity to show the utter ordinariness of Opus Dei in particular and the Catholic Church in general. They have a point. This is in contrast to the reaction to the MoToons which I suspect did the Muslim community no favours.

By the way, have their been any objections from the albino community about their unfair portrayal in the film? I think we should be told, as the late John Junor used to say.

0 Comments:

<< Home